On a daily life basis, we surely meet someone to whom we explain what we really mean by photography. I believe, each one of us in this world has a different definition to the term "Photography".
For some kids, photography is just a medium where they can see themselves and just be happy for no reason. They do not ask you to share the pictures with them but they just enjoy being a part of your memory. And then, there are kids who are into fashion and media world, and for them photography is completely a different term. For them, it is a way of showing their talent to the world as they are taught. They pose for the pictures more than enjoying the real childish moments.
Then, we have our parents. Parents who does not really belong to any high class family, do not really think photography as a perspective of a good career. For them, photography means the passport size pictures which we usually take in the small studios to fill up our forms. I can say this because I have faced the same during my journey. However, there are some parents or family who understands the different types of photography which includes media and fashion. For them, it is their daily routine of the life and an identity through which the world knows them.
If we talk about models and actors, photography is their portfolio which is "Resume" in common word. Portfolio which introduces them and helps them to grow in their respective field. However, they really do enjoy the sessions of photography and always excited for something new themes to be photoshoot.
And finally, there comes the photographers who does the photography and who loves each and every aspects of photography. The definition of photography is different for each photographer. The types of photography are portrait, fashion, street, monochromes, kids, maternity, baby, corporate, ecommerce, macro, wildlife, birds, pets, architecture, interior, nature, travel, products and so many. The list of types of photography can never end.
However, I will just love to share what photography means to me because I do want to describe how the other photographers feel.
For me, photography is a word that defines me because I am myself a person full of imaginations which I cannot capture and photography just helps me to see those in real on a screen. Photography has been my companion from the time I fell in love with it. My favourite genres of photography are portrait, fashion, headshots, monochromes, landscapes and skyscapes. I like to shoot in natural daylight but I love the way photography gets a new face when played with indoor lighting. The control over the lights makes me love photography more. My favourite is one light photography and I love more of low key shots. Photography is the play of lights which paints the skin in different ways. It is a language between the camera and the subject. It is the coordination of ideas and location. It is a tool which is easily visible but tough to understand. Each and every day, it has something new to learn. It is an identity of many in a different way.
Monochromes can give life to any picture even if it doesn't have any colors.
Slow shutter shots takes the images to an another direction.
Fashion shots shows the beauty of unique ideas.
Portraits or headshots describes the expressions of the subject.
Beauty shots can show the magic of makeup artists.
Random shots gives the random beauty of the model.
Street shots shows the real street life of the people or the animals.
And, the list goes on..
If you ask me more, the definition of photography, it is a never ending description and I am just in love with this beauty passion of mine. I am dedicating my whole life to it and I am happy for the fact that it has started to love me back slowly.
Also, I love taking self portraits as it helps me understand myself on what I can do and the creativeness which I learn through self portraits is something different. I have shared about my self portrait story as another blog, do read that as well.
Hoping for you to like my article. Please follow me on instagram and d share your love if you like the content. Link - https://www.instagram.com/yoothika/
You all can also visit my website -
https://ybaruah04.wixsite.com/delenaphotography
Comments
Post a Comment